Find Primary Sources Using Library Databases
Early world history from prehistory through the mid-1500s. Focuses on key ancient and medieval civilizations and regions with topic overviews, timelines, charts and maps, thematic comparisons, and some primary sources.
Daily Life through History
Information on the daily lives of peoples throughout history from prehistory to the present. Includes overview articles and primary sources like maps, images, and documents.
Ebook encyclopedias on history topics from Salem Press including primary documents, important events and eras, and more.
Selected dictionaries, encyclopedias, and reference books in many subjects.
Selected Water History Books and Journals
A History of Water Book Series
All 9 volumes of the History of Water book series are available in the Library. They are shelved in the General Collection call number area GB 671 .H57. Two of the volumes are also available online as e-books. Use the links to the library records below to read the chapter titles (under Details > Contents) to see the topics each book covers.
- A History of Water: Water Control and River Biographies (Library Record)
- A History of Water: The Political Economy of Water (Library Record)
- A History of Water: The World of Water (Library Record)
- A History of Water: Ideas of Water from Ancient Societies to the Modern World (Library Record)
- A History of Water: Rivers and Societies: From Early Civilizations to Modern Times (Library Record)
- A History of Water: Water, Geopolitics, and the New World Order (Library Record)
- A History of Water: Water and Urbanization (Library Record)
- A History of Water: Sovereignty and International Water Law (Library Record, E-book)
- A History of Water: Water and Food: From Hunter-gatherers to Global Production in Africa (Library Record, E-book)
Other Water History Books and Journals
- E-book: Water and Society: Changing Perceptions of Societal and Historical Development
- Journal: Water History
Ask a Librarian
Access Databases from Off Campus
In order to access databases and other Library resources from off campus, login with your StarID and password when prompted. Off-campus access to library databases is only available to current Normandale students, staff, and faculty.