Requesting Accommodations

Requesting Accommodations

If you require accommodations while attending MSC Southeast, please fill out the online Accessibility Registration Form
 or use the contact information below.

The college requests that students give reasonable notice to allow time for any needed accommodations such as equipment, supplies, or a sign language interpreter. The college will respond in a timely fashion.

If you are a student with a documented disability needing service, please contact:
Kate Parsi, M.S.
Director of Academic Support & Advising

About of the Office of Accessibility

Visit our website!

Accessibility Services

The Office of Accessibility provides services for students with disabilities, including but not limited to the following:
  • Academic Assistance Services
    Program advising, course selection, tutoring, testing assistance, registration information and assistance, course accommodations, notetakers, and proofreaders.
  • Advocacy Services
    Assistance is available to students when working with faculty, administrators, intervention procedures, and grievance procedures.
Minnesota State College Southeast has a long-standing commitment to provide equal access for students with disabilities and works diligently to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. The college policy is to provide accessible programs, services and activities for all students with documented disabilities.
About Kathryn

I have worked with college students for 30 years, helping them with whatever questions they have. I graduated from Winona State University with my Bachelor's of Arts degree in Communications Studies,and with a Masters of Science in Educational Leadership. I follow a Resource-Based View of student retention,focused on the belief that students who are connected to campuses resources are likely to graduate.

Academic Advising - If you plan to seek a degree, diploma, or certificate, Academic Advising will help you make informed decisions, feel confident about your plans, make the most of your education, and complete your degree as efficiently as possible. Connection to Resources-I am happy to assist with on or off-campus resources, in Winona or Red Wing, or the surrounding communities. Accessibility Services-I am your first point of contact to receive information about Accessibility (Disability) Services at MSC Southeast.

Accommodations in Higher Education vs K-12

Differences Between High School and College


Colleges (including MSC Southeast) are not required to:
• Provide specific auxiliary aids (paraprofessionals) as long as the college provides a method of assistance that allows equal opportunity
• Provide academic modifications if these modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the course or program (i.e., extend homework deadlines/shortened assignments)
• Provide personal attendants (paraprofessionals)
• Provide personal or private tutors
• Prepare “Individualized Education Programs” (IEP’s or 504 plans)